7th of October 2014
Breast Augmentation – Your surgical journey
STEP 1. Make an appointment
Phone or email us for a confidential consultation with Dr Jane. See your GP for a referral letter and bring that in with you.
STEP 2. Your consultation
- Paperwork first.
- Appointment with Dr Jane:
- medical considerations
- measurements and assessment
- implant sizing
- Full costing and scheduling information.
STEP 3. The day of your operation
- Nothing to eat or drink from 12 midnight the night before.
- Arrive at the admissions desk of either Epworth Richmond or Epworth Cliveden hospitals. You will be phoned the day before and advised of your admission time.
- Wear loose clothing, no jewellery and no nail polish. Bring personal toiletries and a book if you wish.
- More paperwork at the hospital.
- Admission by nursing staff.
STEP 4. Pre-op
- You will be seen by your specialist anaesthetist. Remember to tell them anything from your past history or anything that is of concern to you.
- Dr Jane will talk to you, draw her surgical markings on you and photograph you. Dr Jane will answer any further questions and confirm your requests.
STEP 5. Post-op
- You will wake up in the recovery ward with your own nurse by your side.
- You will be seen by Dr Jane before you are discharged home later in the day.
- You will be discharged home with strong pain relief tablets and antibiotics. You will be wearing a bra that is provided for you.
- Dr Jane will personally phone you the following day.
- You will have your first post-op appointment the week after surgery when the waterproof bandages will be changed and you will be given further post-operative instructions and a review appointment.
STEP 6. Ongoing Review
- You will see Dr Jane at 6 weeks. Your implants will be starting to settle and soften. Further photos will be taken.
- You will see Dr Jane again at 6 months and then annually to monitor the implants.