- Will the procedure need to be done in a hospital?
Yes, your procedure will be performed in an accredited, safe, state of the art hospital.
- Will I need a general anaesthetic?
Yes. This is 2013 and anaesthetics are now much safer that years or decades before. Your specialist anaesthetist who is highly qualified and experienced will look after you form start to finish, including ensuring you have post operative medication to take home with you.
- Can it be done as a day case?
Yes. Most patients go home the same day and return for review on day 6 post operatively.
- What do I need to do at home?
Your post operative care is very important. Salt water baths twice per day are very soothing. Ice packs in the first 48 hours really do help by reducing any swelling and bruising.
- When can I have sex after labioplasty surgery?
With comfort in mind we advise you wait 4 – 6 weeks after your surgery.